Santa Cruz Organic: Dedicated to Making Environmentally Sound Choices

September 18, 2012

Organic Certification

Each and every product from Santa Cruz Organic is certified USDA Organic. What is certified USDA Organic? A product that contains at least 95% organic ingredients (excluding water or salt), whose remaining 5% of ingredients “are not commercially available in an organic form” and are “not produced using specifically prohibited methods” (for more in-depth information, click here).

Any product that meets this criteria is labeled organic and can be labeled with the organic seal (pictured above).

Helping the Earth

Renewable Energy  Santa Cruz Organic is a big supporter of renewable energy, and uses various forms (such as solar energy and capturing and converting methane gas to electricity) to produce energy for a manufacturing facility in Chico, CA. Santa Cruz Organic also buys renewable energy, which prevents a large sum of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere.

Reducing Waste  Did you know…last year in 2011, Santa Cruz Organic was able to recycle 99.5% of the items that came into its production facility! In addition, the company has received props from the Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) for the past 12 years, acknowledging Santa Cruz’s actions to save energy, recycle more, and ultimately reduce waste.

Learn More about Santa Cruz Organic:

Be sure to use your ONE Coupon Book to save $1.00 off any one Santa Cruz Organic product!

Bookmark and Share
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: